Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0.2 Beta 10, + the latest Intel Storage Driver
2007-02-12, 08:16 PM,
1.0.2 Beta 10, + the latest Intel Storage Driver
Vitali, when the latest MS Updates are posted tomorrow, the game plan is to create a new Windows 2000 disk. I have attached latest Intel Mass Storage Driver - IATA 621. It indicates that it is not supported in Win2K, but I manually installed it without issue. This came on the heels of IATA 620. XP and Vista users shouldn't have any problems.

I don't know why Intel is indicating it isn't supported for Windows 2000. It could be that MS is pushing Intel away from 2K support, but like I said, it's running well on my Win2K box. It could be that the latest won't support certain variations of chipsets. On my Dell 9150, it took the new driver. On a Dell 510, it didn't - and that might have to do with the SATA not being "pure" like it is on the 9150/Intel 945 Chipset.

Officially, Win2K only goes up to IATA 57, so your mileage may vary with the attached. I can also add the IATA 57 in an attachment if anyone wants it (without having to go through the extraction process).

Vitali, concerning 1.0.2 Beta 10, you indicated:

Quote:Windows Unattended CD Creator is present in the version 1.0.2 Beta 10.
Due to a HDD crash I cannot finish the final any longer. These beta is fully functional, has however a blemish:

This message always appears with the integration of a controller driver. Simply close....

Sorry to hear about that. It's always something. Are you planning to finish up with 1.0.2 after you get your box worked out?

Many thanks. I have enjoyed using this excellent program Exclamation

Attached Files
.7z   IATA621.7z (Size: 135.2 KB / Downloads: 1 380)
2007-02-12, 08:47 PM,
RE: 1.0.2 Beta 10, + the latest Intel Storage Driver
PVU Wrote:Are you planning to finish up with 1.0.2 after you get your box worked out?
I'm working on Creator V. 2.0 for Vista. If it done may be I add the Win NT 5.x support again.. Creator 1.0.2. Beta 10 is the last version.

During hddcrash I losing source code from 1.0.2 Beta 5 and newer... I can't finish 1.0.2.
Vitali

[Image: wucdcreator.png]
[Image: winfuture.png]
[Image: mysoft.gif]
2007-02-12, 10:06 PM,
Vitali Wrote:
PVU Wrote:Are you planning to finish up with 1.0.2 after you get your box worked out?
I'm working on Creator V. 2.0 for Vista. If it done may be I add the Win NT 5.x support again.. Creator 1.0.2. Beta 10 is the last version.

During hddcrash I losing source code from 1.0.2 Beta 5 and newer... I can't finish 1.0.2.

Concerning Storage drivers - adding via your OEM process, is there any advantage to be gained in 1.0.2? You mentioned that 1.0.2 includes 'Integration of the "repeated ones" controller drivers fixed.'

Like the Intel storage driver included in the 7z above, there are multiple drivers in the INF to choose from. In your 1.0.1 program, I would choose 1, and I think it would pick up all the others. Are "repeated ones" a different issue than multiple drivers? I think so – it may be a nVidia SATA/RAID issue you're dealing with – with repeated names for one driver, not multiple drivers?

Hope that made sense.
2007-02-13, 09:10 AM,
PVU Wrote:Are "repeated ones" a different issue than multiple drivers?
Yes. I think I understend you.

A mutiple driver contained more as one sys file:
Quote:[Files.SCSI.Si3112r_XP]
driver = disk1,si3112r.sys, Si3112r
driver = disk1,SiWinAcc.sys, SiFilter

inf = disk1,Si3112r.inf
dll = disk1,SilSupp.cpl
catalog = disk1, Si3112r.cat

Intel contained only one sys file:
Quote:[Files.scsi.iaStor_ICH8R]
driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
inf = disk1, iaStor.inf