Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of multiple textmode drivers
2006-05-17, 10:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 2006-05-17, 10:51 PM by PVU.)
RE: Integration of multiple textmode drivers
This question may end up being meaningless, but here goes:

I have attached the iaStor TXTSETUP.OEM file with the multiple drivers. You can open it with Notepad. If you wanted to make sure to correctly add all of the drivers, would it be necessary to create a separate folder for each driver to pull from with its own specific name?

I ask this because my WINNT.SIF File looks like this:

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=DefaultHide
FileSystem=*
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
Repartition=No
WaitForReboot="No"
DriverSigningPolicy="Ignore"
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ATII2KAG;Drivers\iaStor;Drivers\IntelINF;Drivers\IntelINF\SP;"

My TXTSETUP.SIF indicates only one driver:

[SCSI]
iaStor="Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"

Based on the attached TEXTSETUP.OEM, if I want multiple drivers (without any issue), should the WINNT.SIF look like this (for example):

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ATII2KAG;Drivers\iaAHCI_ICH7R;Drivers\iaAHCI_ICH6R; Drivers\IntelINF;Drivers\IntelINF\SP;"

and, should my TXTSETUP.SIF indicate:

[SCSI]
iaAHCI_ICH7R = "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)"
iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"

This (or something like it) would run contrary to the automatic install of multiple drivers by the CD Creator, but it is the single driver reference in the CD Creator created TXTSETUP.SIF that makes me ask the question. Or, does it not matter?

Also, when itegrating the drivers, instead of selecting the TXTSETUP.OEM, could you simply select the INF - in this case, the iaahci.inf with all of the SATA (not RAID) drivers?

Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   TXTSETUP.txt (Size: 3.02 KB / Downloads: 2 067)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integration of multiple textmode drivers - by PVU - 2006-05-17, 10:45 PM