Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of multiple textmode drivers
2006-05-15, 08:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 2006-05-15, 08:57 AM by PVU.)
RE: Integration of multiple textmode drivers
Thanks to both of you for giving me a hand on this. Vitali, I received your amended TXTSETUP.OEM for the Intel SATA (iaStor) storage driver.

This Intel driver doesnÂ’t seem to be the beast that the NVidia driver is, because I got the unmodified driver to work on both ICH7R and ICH6R machines. However, I was working with Win2K, so the driver signing toughness in XP may still be out there.

As I said over at the MSFN forum, I was initially unaware that you could flag both (or more than 1 driver). When I did it with the CD Creator, it worked for both without having to designate them as “bad” – just a regular $OEM$ integration at the root.

CD Creator looks like it properly modified WINNT.SIF. It also modified TXTSETUP.SIF. At the bottom of TXTSETUP.SIF, under [SCSI], it looks like it only added the one driver reference: iaStor="Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R). Again I was using the unmodified TXTSETUP.OEM, and did not mark either driver as "bad".

As I said, it worked. But should there have also been a WINNT.SIF line under [SCSI] for Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)?

I really like the way this program creates the traditional $OEM$ install. Real nice work.

Attached Files
.sif   TXTSETUP.SIF (Size: 297.09 KB / Downloads: 1 946)
.sif   WINNT.SIF (Size: 509 bytes / Downloads: 1 734)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integration of multiple textmode drivers - by PVU - 2006-05-15, 08:52 AM