Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of multiple textmode drivers
2006-05-12, 08:29 PM,
Integration of multiple textmode drivers
Hi Vitali,
within the nLite forum someone asked, if and how it's possible to integrate multiple textmode drivers by using the CD Creator.

Here is the link:  http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&s...t&p=505950

As you are the expert I would like to transmit the question to you.

CU
Fernando
My current system:
MB: ASUS P5B-E Plus BIOS: 0617
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750
RAM: 4x1024 MB Corsair DDR-2 CL4 800 Mhz
HD: 2x250 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Intel ICH8 Raid0
PSU: ATX Xilence Power 600W
VIDEO: Gainward 256 MB Bliss 8600GT PCX
2006-05-13, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 2006-05-13, 03:18 PM by Vitali.)
RE: Integration of multiple textmode drivers
I found finite txtsetup.oem of Intel SATA!
Perhaps old, I did not find newer.

I have it changed:
Code:
[Disks]
disk1 = "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver", iaStor.sys, \

[Defaults]
scsi = iaStor_ICH7DH

;----------- Component Section -----------

[scsi]
iaStor = "Intel(R) 82801GR/GH/FR/ER 6300ESB SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH ICH6R ICH5R)"
iaAHCI = "Intel(R) 82801GR/GH/FR/FBM SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH ICH6R; Mobile ICH6M)"
;iaStor_ICH6R = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"
;iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"
;iaAHCI_ICH6M = "Intel(R) 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile  ICH6M)"
;iaStor_ICH5R = "Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH5R)"
;iaStor_ICH5RHR = "Intel(R) 6300ESB SATA RAID Controller"

;-------------------------------------------

[Files.scsi.iaStor]
driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
inf    = disk1, iaStor.inf
catalog = disk1, iaStor.cat

[Files.scsi.iaAHCI]
driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
inf    = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat

;[Files.scsi.iaStor_ICH6R]
;driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
;inf    = disk1, iaStor.inf
;catalog = disk1, iaStor.cat

;[Files.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH6R]
;inf    = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
;catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat

;[Files.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH6M]
;inf    = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
;catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat

;[Files.scsi.iaStor_ICH5R]

;[Files.scsi.iaStor_ICH5RHR]

;-------------------------------------------

[Config.iaStor]
value = "", tag, REG_DWORD, 1b
value = "", ErrorControl, REG_DWORD, 1
value = "", Group, REG_SZ, "SCSI miniport"
value = "", Start, REG_DWORD, 0
value = "", Type, REG_DWORD, 1

;-------------------------------------------------------

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104","iaStor"
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104","iaStor"
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&CC_0104","iaStor"
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_25B0&CC_0104","iaStor"

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106","iaStor"
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106","iaStor"
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106","iaStor"

;[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor_ICH6R]
;id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104","iaStor"

;[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH6R]
;id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106","iaStor"

;[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH6M]
;id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106","iaStor"

;[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor_ICH5R]
;id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&CC_0104","iaStor"

;[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor_ICH5RHR]
;id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_25B0&CC_0104","iaStor"
Vitali

[Image: wucdcreator.png]
[Image: winfuture.png]
[Image: mysoft.gif]
2006-05-15, 08:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 2006-05-15, 08:57 AM by PVU.)
Thanks to both of you for giving me a hand on this. Vitali, I received your amended TXTSETUP.OEM for the Intel SATA (iaStor) storage driver.

This Intel driver doesnÂ’t seem to be the beast that the NVidia driver is, because I got the unmodified driver to work on both ICH7R and ICH6R machines. However, I was working with Win2K, so the driver signing toughness in XP may still be out there.

As I said over at the MSFN forum, I was initially unaware that you could flag both (or more than 1 driver). When I did it with the CD Creator, it worked for both without having to designate them as “bad” – just a regular $OEM$ integration at the root.

CD Creator looks like it properly modified WINNT.SIF. It also modified TXTSETUP.SIF. At the bottom of TXTSETUP.SIF, under [SCSI], it looks like it only added the one driver reference: iaStor="Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R). Again I was using the unmodified TXTSETUP.OEM, and did not mark either driver as "bad".

As I said, it worked. But should there have also been a WINNT.SIF line under [SCSI] for Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)?

I really like the way this program creates the traditional $OEM$ install. Real nice work.

Attached Files
.sif   TXTSETUP.SIF (Size: 297.09 KB / Downloads: 1 927)
.sif   WINNT.SIF (Size: 509 bytes / Downloads: 1 714)
2006-05-15, 09:08 AM,
RE:  Integration of multiple textmode drivers
PVU Wrote:As I said, it worked. But should there have also been a WINNT.SIF line under [SCSI] for Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)?
Hi PVU,
nice to see you at Vitali's Board and thank you for the flowers.
It would be very helpful for other users with an INTEL Raid system, if you would post either a short guide (with links to the best drivers) or give me some informations so that it enables me to expand my "sticky thread" to a title like "How to integrate SataRaid drivers (nForce, Intel etc.)".

CU
Fernando

P.S.: You certainly mean TXTSETUP.SIF (instead of WINNT.SIF).
My current system:
2006-05-15, 10:21 AM,
PVU Wrote:Thanks to both of you for giving me a hand on this. Vitali, I received your amended TXTSETUP.OEM for the Intel SATA (iaStor) storage driver.
gladly happen

PVU Wrote:CD Creator looks like it properly modified WINNT.SIF. It also modified TXTSETUP.SIF. At the bottom of TXTSETUP.SIF, under [SCSI], it looks like it only added the one driver reference: iaStor="Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R). Again I was using the unmodified TXTSETUP.OEM, and did not mark either driver as "bad".

As I said, it worked. But should there have also been a WINNT.SIF line under [SCSI] for Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)?
What do you think, stands windows two equal lines in [SCSI] ? Both with iaStor= ? Perharpp yes, perharps with bleu screen Wink. If you wont risk, can you add second line.

PVU Wrote:I really like the way this program creates the traditional $OEM$ install. Real nice work.
Thanks Smile
Vitali

2006-05-15, 07:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 2006-05-16, 05:25 PM by PVU.)
Fernando Wrote:It would be very helpful for other users with an INTEL Raid system, if you would post either a short guide (with links to the best drivers) or give me some informations so that it enables me to expand my "sticky thread" to a title like "How to integrate SataRaid drivers (nForce, Intel etc.)".

CU
Fernando

P.S.: You certainly mean TXTSETUP.SIF (instead of WINNT.SIF).
Okay, I’ll give it a shot. You should go to Intel’s download center. Under “Chipsets”, look for “Chipset Software”, and then “Intel® Matrix Storage Manager”. Currently, the link is here.

You will need to extract the iaStor drivers from the executable, iata55_enu.exe. Directions to do the extraction are located within the exe - see "Readme.txt".

If you place the iata55_enu.exe on the root/your C drive, the command is:

c:\iata55_enu.exe -a -a -p c:\<path>

For the "<path>", you may want to create a directory call iata55. Let the process run.

Keep in mind that I’m working with Windows 2000. I don’t think the Intel RAID and SATA drivers are as difficult to work with as the NVidia RAID drivers are. I also don’t think the Windows File Protection in Win2K is as tough as XP. So, I have not found it necessary to mark or label them as “bad” in the driver integration process.

The driver integration procedure in the CD Creator has to ability to pickup multiple drivers. These are TEXTMODE storage drivers, so all you have to do is highlight all of the available drivers that you need. If you are creating a CD for just one computer, you wonÂ’t have to highlight more than one for your machine. If the CD is going to be good for more than one computer requiring different Intel storage drivers, just highlight all the ones you think you will need.

Again, with Win2K, I did not need to label any of the Intel drivers as “bad”. You may have to if you run into a problem – perhaps needed if you're using XP. However, these are Intel drivers – signed by MS, so my guess is that this won’t be necessary for XP.

That should take care of the latest Intel storage drivers. The CD Creator works in a traditional OEM pre-install manner. This is different from some other like-kind programs out there. I could go on and on about adding drivers, but the program is pretty straightforward. I would only add that I would also integrate the PnP IntelINF Chipset drivers. ThereÂ’s no reason not to do it, and the CD Creator integrates them very well. The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility can be found at the same Intel Download Center. Here for right now.

Fernando, the CD Creator also properly modifies the WINNT.SIF. But youÂ’re right. I meant TXTSETUP.SIF.

Vitaly, okay on not adding another line under the TXTSETUP.SIF after driver integration. Your dead on that that would probably give you a nasty blue screen.

If you guys think I missed something, please let me know.
2006-05-16, 03:29 PM,
RE:    Integration of multiple textmode drivers
PVU Wrote:Okay, I’ll give it a shot. You should go to Intel’s download center. Under “Chipsets”, look for “Chipset Software”, and then “Intel® Matrix Storage Manager”. Currently, the link is here.
You will need to extract the iaStor drivers from the executable, IATA55.EXE. Directions to do it should be located within the EXE.
Keep in mind that I’m working with Windows 2000. I don’t think the Intel RAID and SATA drivers are as difficult to work with as the NVidia RAID drivers are. I also don’t think the Windows File Protection in Win2K is as tough as XP. So, I have not found it necessary to mark or label them as “bad” in the driver integration process.
The driver integration procedure in the CD Creator has to ability to pickup multiple drivers. These are TEXTMODE storage drivers, so all you have to do is highlight all of the available drivers that you need. If you are creating a CD for just one computer, you wonÂ’t have to highlight more than one for your machine. If the CD is going to be good for more that one computer requiring different storage drivers, just highlight all the ones you think you will need.
Again, with Win2K, I did not need to label any of the Intel drivers as “bad”. You may have to if you run into a problem – perhaps needed if you're using XP. However, they are Intel drivers – signed by MS, so my guess is that this won’t be necessary for XP.
That should take care of the latest Intel storage drivers.  The CD Creator works in a traditional OEM pre-install manner. This is different from some other like-kind programs out there. I could go on and on about adding drivers, but the program is pretty straightforward. I would only add that I would also integrate the IntelINF Chipset drivers.  There’s no reason not to do it, and the CD Creator integrates them very well.  The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility can be found at the same Intel Download Center. Here for right now.
If you guys think I missed something, please let me know.
@ PVU:

Well done, thank you very much for taking your time!
This guide will help other users with an Intel Raid system.

CU
Fernando
My current system:
2006-05-17, 10:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 2006-05-17, 10:51 PM by PVU.)
This question may end up being meaningless, but here goes:

I have attached the iaStor TXTSETUP.OEM file with the multiple drivers. You can open it with Notepad. If you wanted to make sure to correctly add all of the drivers, would it be necessary to create a separate folder for each driver to pull from with its own specific name?

I ask this because my WINNT.SIF File looks like this:

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=DefaultHide
FileSystem=*
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
Repartition=No
WaitForReboot="No"
DriverSigningPolicy="Ignore"
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ATII2KAG;Drivers\iaStor;Drivers\IntelINF;Drivers\IntelINF\SP;"

My TXTSETUP.SIF indicates only one driver:

[SCSI]
iaStor="Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"

Based on the attached TEXTSETUP.OEM, if I want multiple drivers (without any issue), should the WINNT.SIF look like this (for example):

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ATII2KAG;Drivers\iaAHCI_ICH7R;Drivers\iaAHCI_ICH6R; Drivers\IntelINF;Drivers\IntelINF\SP;"

and, should my TXTSETUP.SIF indicate:

[SCSI]
iaAHCI_ICH7R = "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)"
iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"

This (or something like it) would run contrary to the automatic install of multiple drivers by the CD Creator, but it is the single driver reference in the CD Creator created TXTSETUP.SIF that makes me ask the question. Or, does it not matter?

Also, when itegrating the drivers, instead of selecting the TXTSETUP.OEM, could you simply select the INF - in this case, the iaahci.inf with all of the SATA (not RAID) drivers?

Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   TXTSETUP.txt (Size: 3.02 KB / Downloads: 2 050)
2006-05-18, 04:18 PM,
PVU Wrote:This question may end up being meaningless, but here goes:

I have attached the iaStor TXTSETUP.OEM file with the multiple drivers. You can open it with Notepad. If you wanted to make sure to correctly add all of the drivers, would it be necessary to create a separate folder for each driver to pull from with its own specific name?
No, that is not necessary

PVU Wrote:I ask this because my WINNT.SIF File looks like this:

This (or something like it) would run contrary to the automatic install of multiple drivers by the CD Creator, but it is the single driver reference in the CD Creator created TXTSETUP.SIF that makes me ask the question. Or, does it not matter?
Yes and no at the same time. yes, because it runs problem-free. no, if you remove one driver, automatically also the other one is removed!

PVU Wrote:Also, when itegrating the drivers, instead of selecting the TXTSETUP.OEM, could you simply select the INF - in this case, the iaahci.inf with all of the SATA (not RAID) drivers?
No any idea! Sad

PS: Sorry my english. Translated by Babelfish ©
Vitali

2006-05-18, 04:22 PM,
PVU Wrote:Also, when itegrating the drivers, instead of selecting the TXTSETUP.OEM, could you simply select the INF - in this case, the iaahci.inf with all of the SATA (not RAID) drivers?
I use this method because ms use it also with F6
Vitali