Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0.2 Beta 10, + the latest Intel Storage Driver
2007-02-12, 08:16 PM,
1.0.2 Beta 10, + the latest Intel Storage Driver
Vitali, when the latest MS Updates are posted tomorrow, the game plan is to create a new Windows 2000 disk. I have attached latest Intel Mass Storage Driver - IATA 621. It indicates that it is not supported in Win2K, but I manually installed it without issue. This came on the heels of IATA 620. XP and Vista users shouldn't have any problems.

I don't know why Intel is indicating it isn't supported for Windows 2000. It could be that MS is pushing Intel away from 2K support, but like I said, it's running well on my Win2K box. It could be that the latest won't support certain variations of chipsets. On my Dell 9150, it took the new driver. On a Dell 510, it didn't - and that might have to do with the SATA not being "pure" like it is on the 9150/Intel 945 Chipset.

Officially, Win2K only goes up to IATA 57, so your mileage may vary with the attached. I can also add the IATA 57 in an attachment if anyone wants it (without having to go through the extraction process).

Vitali, concerning 1.0.2 Beta 10, you indicated:

Quote:Windows Unattended CD Creator is present in the version 1.0.2 Beta 10.
Due to a HDD crash I cannot finish the final any longer. These beta is fully functional, has however a blemish:

This message always appears with the integration of a controller driver. Simply close....

Sorry to hear about that. It's always something. Are you planning to finish up with 1.0.2 after you get your box worked out?

Many thanks. I have enjoyed using this excellent program Exclamation

Attached Files
.7z   IATA621.7z (Size: 135.2 KB / Downloads: 1 397)

Messages In This Thread
1.0.2 Beta 10, + the latest Intel Storage Driver - by PVU - 2007-02-12, 08:16 PM